The registration of new forum-users should now be working again. It unfortunately stopped working when I updated the forums to the latest version; a tiny issue was neglected which made it impossible to actually complete the registration of new users.
I was made aware of this error recently, and it should now be fixed.
UOX3 v0.98-3.6b Released
Due to a worldfile corrupting bug in 3.6 causing characters not to be saved correctly, we're releasing 3.6b immediately (relatively immediately anyway). Read the changelog here
Get v0.98-3.6b from the Downloads-page.
UOX3 v0.98-3.6 Released
Yep, it's that time of the month again; UOX3 0.98-3.6 is out and about. It seems as though it has become a habit for us to make a new UOX3 release every month, and hopefully we'll continue doing that in the future. That does of course depend on the coders having available time in their (very often busy) schedules to work on UOX3, so cross your fingers and hope for the best! ;)
Anyway, some of the changes in this new release include:
- New (optional) resistance-system (Armor, Light, Water, cold, Heat, Energy, Poison) for characters added
- A* Pathfinding routine for NPCs added
- NPC walking has been optimized
- New combat-related JS events/methods/properties added
- Items in paperdoll can now be targeted properly
- Elven NPC paperdolls can now be opened, while animal/monster ones can't
- NPCs will no longer flee constantly
- Pets can now guard items in houses
- Water NPCs can now swim under statics (bridges)
- Several server-crashes fixed (involving magic, server-shutdown, onGumpInput JS Event
- Fixes for cygwin compability and *nix compability
- Several issues with mapdiff and staticdiff handling fixed
- Several Line of Sight-related issues fixed
- Several weight-related fixes
- Some multi-related fixes
- Two nearly 8 year old UOX3 script-bugs fixed
- Rewrite of .mul handling begun
(Read the entire changelog )
Version 0.98-3.6 can, as usual, be downloaded from the Downloads-page.
UOX3 v0.98-3.5 Released
UOX3 0.98-3.5 is out! That makes it the fourth big UOX3 release of 2006, but we haven't run out of steam quite yet. Exciting things are in the works for the next version as well ;)
Here are the highlights from the changelog for UOX3 0.98-3.5:
- JS Timers are now persistant across server restarts
- New hunger system implemented; feeding of pets, wild animals hunger and try to feed
- Prevented spamming of weather packets when riding a boat
- Hitpoints, Mana and Stamina can now be defined seperately from Strength, Intelligence and Dexterity for characters
- OnIterate() now de-allocates any JSObjects it uses to free wasted memory, fixing a crash with the WIPE command and reducing memory overhead in the long run
- NPCs which require 0 taming skill to tame are now tameable
- Peacemaking and Provocation are now difficulty-based skills
- NPCs will no longer attack targets they can't see
- Support for packet 0xC1 added (sending cliloc messages)
- Archery/Spellcasting timers will now be reset if players move
- NPCs can now swim (walk on water), if they have the proper tags in creatures.dfn (MOVEMENT=WATER/LAND/BOTH)
- Spawnregions prevented from spawning NPCs in places they can not move in
- Two new vectors store valid spawn-locations for spawnregions, resulting in fewer invalid attempts to spawn NPCs the longer the server runs and the more valid positions it has found (default valid spawn locations can be defined using VALIDLANDPOS=#,#,# and VALIDWATERPOS=#,#,# in spawn.dfn)
- New ini setting added to define the range at which NPC archers stop moving towards their target in combat: COMBATARCHERRANGE=#
- Improved feedback from JS Error Reporter, making debugging easier in some cases
- Fixed an issue causing characters to randomly disappear around NPCs
- Fixed an issue causing items and characters to be updated when out of range
- Improvements to LineOfSight-checks, fixes a bug where LoS would fail when standing directly next to the target
- Names of characters will now show up in the 3D client when holding down SHIFT+CTRL
- Functionality of several crafting tools + archery buttes fixed
- Resource harvesting fixed
- TOPROV, TOPEACE, TOTAME, TAMEDHUNGER and FOOD tags added to all apropriate NPCs
- 2 server crash fixed (shutdown/weather-related)
- (Read all the details)
Version 0.98-3.5 can be downloaded from the Downloads-page.
Maarc is working on a .NET library that makes life easier for tool developers, though currently only for the ones coding in C#. Backporting of the library to C++ and perhaps other languages is a future goal of the project.
The library allows tool developers to use existing code for reading/parsing UOX3 files like DFNs or worldfiles instead of having to re-invent the wheel by themselves each time. The ToolAPI is available on the OpenUO CVS, under projects/ToolAPI.
The first tool to use the new ToolAPI (for which the ToolAPI was created in the first place) is Maarc's own PkgInstaller utility, which is a program to make it easier to both share and install new JS scripts and any script packages related. An indepth description can be read in this forum thread, but here's a break-down of the features:
- Takes a zip file and installs the JS/DFN details appropriately
- Will display a readme.txt if it is included in the JS file
- Ability to peruse the contents of the package before installing it
It is available for download from the OpenUO SF project.
UOX3 Character Viewer
The second tool to use these APIs has already seen the light of day; giwo has created a new utility for UOX3 called UOX3 Character Viewer. It's written in C#, utilizes Maarc's new ToolAPI library, and boasts the following features (so far):
- Load UOX3 Worldfiles, Displaying any Characters (and the items they contain).
- Save UOX3 worldfiles as a single file, which UOX3 will load.
- Export Selected character, with optional items, to an export file.
- Import character files checking for valid Serial numbers to a loaded worldfile.
Basically, it's a character exporter/importer for UOX3 which allows you to extract characters and their items (equipped and kept in backpack) to an external file, which can then later be imported to a different set of worldfiles. This allows shard admins to keep their player or NPC characters intact even if swapping out their entire worldfiles with a different set altogether.
Note that this utility requires .Net Framework 2.0 to run.
UOX3 v0.98-3.4 Released
Well - it's been 8 days since the previous UOX3 release, and here we are with the next one! What can I do, other than give giwo, Grimson and Maarc a loud and resounding "GREAT WORK!"? Amazing work guys.
The usual suspect contains the detailed information on updates in this version, but here follows a short summary:
- Two new DFN tags added - CUSTOMSTRINGTAG and CUSTOMINTTAG - allows custom tags inside DFNs sections, which can be used in JS scripts
- Large Dragon Ship deeds now works properly
- Fixed an issue causing stats to almost never increase
- Additional option to SKILLPOINT in skills.dfn, for specifying for each level how much skill to gain on success.
- Meditation, Inscription and Lockpicking moved out to JS
- Plenty of enhancements to the Light/Weather/Races-systems
- Crafting now supports checking for multiple resource-IDs
- Support for damage/healing tracking begun
- 3 new JS Events - onLightChange, onWeatherChange and onTempChange
- GM Polymorph Menu fixed
- Fixed an issue where stats could drop permanently after being temporarily lowered
- Running state of characters is once again properly sent
- Characters should now be correctly sent when arriving and removed from sight when leaving ones screen
- Teleporters updated to allow pets to teleport along with their owners
- (Read all the details)
Version 0.98-3.4 can be downloaded from the Downloads-page.
Default UOX3 Worldfiles 0.10
Version 0.10 of the default UOX3 worldfiles, which include decorations for all towns in Britannia except Jhelom, Ocllo and Wind, is now available.
Also check out the community-made spawn.dfn, which spawns most of the NPC vendors, some random townfolk and pets in Britain, farmers and farm animals in farmlands, many different creatures in the outside world and in dungeons, as well as reagents all over the world.
An alternative would be Stranf's Worldfile, which includes both of the above plus additional customizations and several add-ons from the Script Vault.
UOX3 v0.98-3.3 Released
It's been a busy two weeks since the previous UOX3 release, with lots of bugtesting, bugfixing and general forum activity, and thanks to hardworking individuals (both coders and users) we can present version 0.98-3.3 of UOX3 already!
The changelog contains the all the info about the latest and greatest for your perusal, but here are some highlights for this version:
- Items in tradewindows now show the correct images and prices
- Several fixes to multis, boats in particular
- Stat window should now show proper weight/gold values
- Armor ratings of all armor fixed (Note: fix only affects NEW armor added to the game!)
- Secure trading gump now works properly
- Crash/refresh issues on character creation/login fixed
- NPC pathfinding code updated, JS events WalkTo and RunTo now work
- Tiledata flags overloadable directly through a DFN file in UOX3
- Oldest(?) bug in UOX3 fixed: NPCs should no longer walk on display cases :)
- Samurai Empire wearables added to DFNs (only armor in menu yet though)
- Starting equipment for Necromancers, Paladins, Ninjas and Samurai added
- A total of 4 server crashes fixed
- (Read all the details)
Version 0.98-3.3 is, as always, available from the Downloads-page.
UOX3 v0.98-3.2 Released
Version 0.98-3.2 of UOX3 has now officially been released, and though it has taken a long time getting here, the changelog will show that the time spent has not all been in vain ;)
Some highlights of the changes in this version are as follows:
- Support for the creation of Elven characters added
- Numerous (5) server crashes fixed
- Support for intercepting incoming packets and sending custom ones through JS
- Several issues with writable books fixed
- "Vendor Buy"-gumps should work again
- Spells should be working again
- Support for new doors from ML-client added
- Support for compiling under VS Express 2005 added
- Several fixes to the tracking menu
- Fixed an error generating a warning about bad length in multis
- LineOfSight-checks exposed to JS-engine through .CanSee routine.
- Fixed erroneous skincolors for new characters
- JS implementations of a couple of spells
- Fixed issue where JS skills would not work if a character had a script assigned to him.
- Defense ratings of most NPCs lowered to a more logical level
- (Read all the details)
You can grab version 0.98-3.2 from the Downloads-page.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Alternatively, you can go with "Happy Holidays" if you prefer that. There has been no new UOX3 release as of yet, but it's not far off. The changelog for the next version will easily equal the previous one, which was pretty big, so it's looking good - looking good... :)
Website receives a facelift
I decided to give this webpage a small facelift, both to make it easier to read and to give it all a cleaner, nicer look - which, of course, is one and the same thing.
Time doesn't stand still for any of us, and it's now been more than a month since the last news-update, but that doesn't mean nothing is happening in the UOX3 universe!
You can preview the changes being done for the next UOX3 version in the forums, both codewise and scriptwise, and if you've got a mind for it, download these updates directly from the CVS yourself as they become available. Note that no guarantees will be given that everything will work as it should if you do this instead of wait for a proper release - which we incidentally are preparing for the near future...
- Greatly increased support for maps. All default UO client maps (including SE/ML ones) now supported, as well as custom maps of any size.
- Reduced memory waste in MapRegion handling code
- Optimizations to file I/O and world saves.
- Faster packet handling.
- World-specific resource handling, as well as exposure of said resource system to the JS engine.
- Necromancy, Chivalry, Focus, Bushido and Ninjitsu are now scriptable (but not yet implemented).
- Customizable list of ores added to skills.dfn.
- Expanded creatures.dfn with sound/anim-data for all valid creature-ids in the UO client.
- 5.0.x clients now supported.
- Many more bug fixes, including fixes for various server crashes and for account handling.
You can get the All-In-One package of the new version from the Downloads-page!
Some of the changes in this version include more updates to bulletin boards, fixes to NPC guards, possible crash-fix related to speech-code, doors closing even if player/ghost has been blocking the entrance, and some crafting additions. (View the complete changelog)
You can grab version 0.98-3.0g from the Downloads-page.
A relatively small update has been made which mainly fixes some more issues with bulletin boards. They are still not 100% perfect, replying to a thread as a GM in the 3D client will for instance delete the entire thread, minus the new reply you're making. But for all 2D client users (GM or not), this shouldn't be an issue.
Version 0.98-3.0e of UOX3 is now available from the Downloads-page. Changes include fixes to bulletin boards, falling through floors in houses, automatic IP-updating feature for servers with dynamic IPs, and more.
View the changelog for the full details!
ShadowBranch has updated cluox to version 1.4 (through version 1.3), basically reviving this old gui-wrapper for the UOX3 console while at the same time adding some new features to it.
Both the sourcecode and Windows-executables are available from the Downloads-page.
-Added a the ability to autostart UOX3 or not
-Added a menu item: Start - used to start server when autostart is off
-Added a menu item: Exit - used to exit the program, Shutdown now only shuts down the server
-Added menus for the console commands
-Added a new dialog box: Options
-Added logging enabled and a log directory
-Added the ability to run cluox.exe in a separate directory from uox